'Stay, stay at home and rest. Homekeeping hearts are happiest.' ~ Author Unknown.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

~How to be 'Simple'~

'Winter Hill'

My heart is so full this evening as I write this post. I have so many blessings in my life and I feel content. I want for nothing. I enjoy everything. My needs are met. This is being 'simple' to me. I see simpleness in my daily walks, I feel simpleness in being in my home doing laundry, and I am ever vigilant for those simple pleasures that pop up everywhere. 'Tis such a beautiful thing to be aware of those small moments that can light up your day; they exist everywhere around us. Huge amounts of snow is somewhat of a rare thing where I live, and when it does fall, I stop to enjoy the quiet that is being created. This is simple moment of pleasure to me. We create simplness by our being aware of our surroundings.

I hope you can have peace and contentment in your day. I am in the middle of making some insulated curtains and will be working on those tomorrow. I have also been invited to the quilt store for some sewing time with my friend, Nancy. What a better way to spend a Friday. Needle, thread, visiting, and friends. What more could one want? These are simple things.

Contentment and blessings on your day.

Shanda

No comments: