'Stay, stay at home and rest. Homekeeping hearts are happiest.' ~ Author Unknown.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

~ 'Wee Things ~


Little things mean so much - fresh sheets, clean car, and homemade bread for toast in the morning. I love morning walks in the countryside near my home, and the sound of sprinklers irrigating a farmers field. To sit on my porch and read a really good book with the birds voicing their opinions in the background, now that is pure pleasure.

I AM WORKING ..... on my counted cross stitch from Birds of a Feather called "Alphabet Sampler." I also have a punch needle project going from Primitive Gatherings called "Wisconsin Wig Rose." Both projects I purchased while I was in Wisconsin last Christmas. Every time I pick one of them up to indulge myself for awhile and stitch, I remember my day in the quilt shop with family members and what moments we had. 'Tis a nice reminder.

TODAY I WILL BE ...... pruning my fruit trees. They are still small yet, but I want to form them while they are young. Sound familiar? 'Tis a beautiful morning and promises to be a nice day.

I AM THINKING ABOUT ..... several of my family members and their health concerns. I will pray for them in my heart as I am working outside today and keep them in my highest of regards. I have a son serving a two-year LDS Mission in Ventura, California, and my thoughts are with him everyday and what he is doing. He currently has an apartment with a view of some commercial tulip fields that are in full bloom. Wow, the ULTIMATE in simple pleasures to be able to wake to that every morning!!!!

I AM CURRENTLY READING ..... 'Prelude to Glory, Volume 4', and also Jane Austen's 'Emma'. Don't ask me how, but I am able to keep two books straight in my head.

THIS MORNING ....... while I was on my walk, I saw a neighbor up on his roof, doing some repairs. I called out a greeting, and he greeted me back. How wonderful it is to have good neighbors.

AND THEN THIS EVENING ..... we will have leftovers for dinner, feed the calf as he is still being bottle fed, and putter around the house/yard. As silly as it seems, just at dusk, I like to go outside and wander completely around our house, looking at the plants, being amongst the landscaping, checking the blooms on things, and just being observant and reflective. Just the stillness of that time calms my soul and prepares me for my slumber.

I plan on ENJOYING today.

3 comments:

Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Yes simple things make life beautiful...

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I like how you think and I couldn't agree more - in fact I did a post on the simple things way back in August. http://behindmyreddoor.blogspot.com/2008/08/simple-things-in-life.html

Have you met Jo-anne over at the Carter Clan? Her son is on a 2 year LDS mission as well! http://jo-anne-thecarterclan.blogspot.com/ She is also a quilter!

Have a wonderful weekend!

hugs, Linda

My Colonial Home said...

I love your post today - very serene.
Karen
http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/