'Stay, stay at home and rest. Homekeeping hearts are happiest.' ~ Author Unknown.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Start Creating!


Beautiful snow this morning! It can never snow too much for me! And today I am blessed to be able to create in my quilting studio - double pleasures! I already went for my walk in the gorgeous white stuff and now I am ready to quilt my day away.

I believe that we women don't 'create' enough. And it can be as simple as a nice evening meal in the crock-pot to an elaborate oil painting - I think we need to be more creative and explore those things that we enjoy doing. I have a beloved cousin who loves to create with photos. The gifts she gives are such 'blasts to the past' because she finds these darling photos from when you are 5 with a cheesy smile or funky 70's clothes. Those photo gifts are so precious to me! But she likes working with that medium and it gives her and others pleasure. You go, Girl!

Create something today or this weekend. It can be anything. Try something new, or simply take some time to get back into an old hobby that you have been yearning to renew. We all need at times to turn inward and create.

Blessings on your Day,

Shanda

2 comments:

Doreen Frost said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day! I Can't wait to see your quilt.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog to say hello and leaving me such a sweet comment. I'll add you to my blogs I follow :)

have a wonderful evening
Doreen

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Welcome to blogging! I saw you joined me as a follower. I am going to add you to my blog roll. too sometimes feel displaced by a few hundrerd years but I am blessed to live in a wonderful NE town. I love to keep home and create and I wish more of my friends did as well. I have meet so many other keepers of the home through blogging and it is wonderful to connect with like minded women.

The photo of your home is gorgeous! How nice to have your studio right inside your front door!

I look forward to getting to know you!

hugs, Linda