'Stay, stay at home and rest. Homekeeping hearts are happiest.' ~ Author Unknown.

Monday, June 1, 2009

~'Tis a Way Overdue Blog Post!~

'Fruits of several days labor - clean carpets at last!!!!'


Wow, finally!!!! Carpets have been cleaned, Memorial Day Weekend has come and gone, and so much to update on!!! Lots of photos this post - sorry for those of you who use Internet Explorer. I am on a Mac, but hear there has been lots of trouble out in blogland!! Let's get started....

First off, Memorial Day Weekend was a very thrilling one! My husband was able to race in a once in a lifetime event with his dad's car. I am not a big race fan, but THIS day was exciting for him AND me!!

The baby calf is doing great! He is growing so fast, kinda like a little kid!

I have a few make overs for you. Remember the plastic gold frames from several months ago?

They became sillhouette frames. I have two upstairs with Martha and Thomas Jefferson beside my reading chair in my bedroom:
And two are downstairs on the piano, Jane Austen and a young George Washington:


I found this green clock at the TS and it had teeth marks in it. All it needed was some new batteries!!! I had allready started to paint it red when I forgot to take a 'before' photo. Here it is semi-before....

and then 'After', on a shelf in our Den....

And then I found this GREAT solid oak box, not sure what it was ever used for, but we turned it into a 'hide the remotes' box. This is one of my favorites!!!! Before......

and then 'After', on a table in the family room with a 'madeover' lamp from several years ago....

The next few photos are of some TS finds that I didn't even really have to make over. A cute candle holder for .75. The green candles are gonna get rolled in cinnamon....


and some cute mini wooden pears that were YELLING my name in the store for .50 for the whole lot of them! TS finds are the best!

And last, but not least, I have a few 'Now You See It, Now You Don'ts......

The computer in the family room....

And the next minute it is gone.....

And the thermostat on the wall....

is now gone!


And remember some curtains I have been working on? I finally got the ones for the den done...


No wonder I have been so 'out of it!' Whew!!!! I am going to be slowing down, though, I do have many other things I need to get to that aren't so time consuming, like a bit of reading and gardening.

I leave you with a photo of a quilt my husband and I did just get hung up on the dining room wall. I found this beauty in Utah at a junk shop, and it has over 6,000 pieces in it and is called a Pineapple Quilt!! Can you imagine - 6,000 pieces? But what makes it so endearing to me is that it was all done on a treadle sewing machine. The back reveals feeds sacks from local Utah feed and grain mills and long stings of thread that were not trimmed like we trim threads now. It is very special to me, and since in my lifetime I doubt I will ever make a quilt with this many pieces in it, it was worth way more than the $80 I paid for it 5 years ago.

It was not a 'square' quilt, but then, back in the late 1890's, who knew what a square quilt was. I love it hanging here. Gives lots of color to our wall.

I hope you find joy in your day. Today is my Cousin Tammy's Birthday!!!! Happy Birthday, Miss Tammy!!!! June 1st...... Wow.... Don't mean to scare you all but Christmas is right around the next bend. Are you making your gift lists????

Blessings on your Day!!!

Shanda

1 comment:

At Home With Amy said...

I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog. I really enjoyed reading your posts and viewing your lovely home. Now that I know where you are, I'll be sure to be checking in on you weekly.
Blessings,
AMY