'Stay, stay at home and rest. Homekeeping hearts are happiest.' ~ Author Unknown.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

~Tis an Eternal Truth!~



Can you imagine a world with no October? Blaspheme!

I am getting ready for October... I am digging out my sweaters... knitting a new shawl... and decorating our home with bittersweet and pumpkins.  I am having my herbal maple apple cider tea every night while reading Susan Branch's new book "A Fine Romance" - an absolute beautifully done book which REEKS with charm!  I hope you are planning your fall days and looking forward to October.  Here are a few ideas:

~embroider a new flour sack dish cloth with a pumpkin on it.
~find and make a new pumpkin dessert recipe.
~take a afternoon walk amongst the falling leaves.
~pack a picnic lunch for a loved one and go to the park wearing a cozy sweater.
~finish that Autumn colored/themed quilt you started long ago!
~October 1st I declare to be 'homemade crock pot soup for dinner' day!
~Watch and cheer on that favorite football team!

Go on - have a perfect fall day, and Blessings to you for your efforts to enjoy it!

Shanda

No comments: