'Stay, stay at home and rest. Homekeeping hearts are happiest.' ~ Author Unknown.

Friday, May 1, 2009

~ I remember Mrs. Kaufman...... ~

HAPPY MAY DAY!!!!

Growing up, I had an elderly neighbor, Mrs. Kaufman. Every time May Day rolls around, I think of her, because she ALWAYS left a fun basket on our door, in honor of the day.

Now I am older, and have made up some May Day Baskets for a few of my friends and neighbors. Tonight is Finish-It-Friday at my house and my circle of friends, about 6 of us, will gather to work on our creative ambition of choice from 6pm 'til midnight. I have made each of them a small little May Day offering. I hope it gives them a nice surprise and lifts them from any burden they are carrying. If I lived near any of you, I would like wise leave a gift on your doorknob today.

Blessings ~

Shanda

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Shanda,
thank you so much for letting me know about your blog. I love looking at blogs that others do. Sorry I missed your call. Everyone is doing fine here.

Love
Jen

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I used to have a neighbor Grace Phelps. She first gave me a May Day basket and I then returned the favor as she aged. This brought back so many memories of Grace who died just days before her 100th birthday.

I loved doing May Daty projects with my kids and later the kids in school. Thanks for reminding me of that!

Have fun tonight!! hugs, Linda